commercial & retail
Skylark provides advice through deep and extensive experience gained over many years of practical hands on management in the industry. Airports seeking to maximise commercial revenue and develop airport businesses can take advantage of our experts' international knowledge and practical approach. We provide an end-to-end solution from the development of commercial strategies, the design of retail plans and car parking programmes, to the negotiation of concession agreements and their implementation.
Our team includes experts in their field, who have successfully led several airport commercial assignments such as the development of airport retail strategy, the development of ground-breaking airport advertising and the design of state-of-the-art airport concession layouts.
Fundamental to our commercial work is gaining an in depth understanding of the existing commercial operation, focusing on aspects such as:
- Working closely with the airport commercial team to draw on their understanding, experience and knowledge.
- Liaising with other stakeholders, such as terminal operations and where possible (and with prior agreement), existing concessionaires.
- Analysing historical sales, and revenue data alongside passenger profile data, to identify market opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Reviewing any planned changes to the facilities.
- Reviewing contract structures and terms.